Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Sunday, May 24, 2009

LiFe?

Have you ever just sat and thought about nothing? Just watched the world float by as if there was nothing in it but you.  Today I sat along the Amstel Canal in Amsterdam.  Life just seemed to freeze. As all the Sunday afternoon boat riders steered their crafts through the polluted water I watched.  I watched and knew life was worth more.  Life was worth more than fitting an image; more than trying to suit others' wishes for myself; more than making a statement so that people can look at me.  Then I began to walk.  I knew at that very moment I was sauntering past women that were hidden behind red curtains, not knowing the hope and the boundless love that I know.  Their lives hang in the balance on the lure they can exude and the revenue from their wares.  I have come to understand the preciousness and tenderness of life.  For me, as a believer I must figure out how to show this....to show this when I walk along the road, when I lie down and when I get up.  
I tell people that my mind does not go a hundred miles a minute, but somewhere in the recesses of my mind I develop thoughts like this where living for Christ is worth more than any luxury cruise down a canal or my next paycheck.  Within all this rambling lies the question: how can I live life abundantly for Him?

No comments:

Blog Archive