Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Friday, March 13, 2009

LiFe Is SwEet!

Yesterday I was getting very cynical, sick, and focusing so much on things at home that I was missing, rather than looking at the positive in my circumstances.  Then all of a sudden I decided to get out of bed and start writing letters.  I came to the realization that as soon as I got my eyes off myself I was able to find the joy in life and appreciate more the opportunities the Lord has provided for me.  That was a good moment!  
This last weekend we went to Nuremberg for the BFA's high school retreat.  Everyone stayed in a castle with a wall that surrounded a portion of the city.  In World War II, this was Hitler's prime Nazi city.  He had been building structures to represent the Nazi's glory.  They were created in such a way to make its members feel like they were apart of something big, but realize how minor they were in comparison. 
Truly it was an amazing retreat.  I was partnered with a dorm mom and a small group of girls.  Seeing how she challenged these girls was encouraging.  She definitely challenged me.  Through this experience I came to realize how much I enjoyed working behind the scenes aspect of this sort event.  Hume has showed me that.  Camp offered me this area of involvement; it was a place to serve those and minister but in a capacity I felt more comfortable with and more effective than being the one entertained.
Well, we only have two more weeks till spring break...pray for all our girls that are going on missions trip and that we will be able to make it till then. 

No comments:

Blog Archive