Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

tImE fLiEs

I can't believe it is already the end of February.  I know that it may not seem like time is flying by, but here it feels like warp speed.  Last night, we had our famous couples night.  Each girl chooses a famous duo or couple and then their friend decides a options of dates.  Then we, as the RA staff, call the boys.  We tell them what to dress up as and then they come.  It is all a surprise.  It was fun.  All the students were so creative, but of course it had the awkwardness because some of the boys were just lame about it all.  No offense men, but think back in high school when you were too cool; we had a few of those.  That is what I love about my girls...they are not ashamed to go all out for things like that.  They are known for their ability to have fun and truly enjoy experiences.  But anyways, I was Pam from the Office...how original, I know...this was actually my second time being Pam this year.  No more for me.  
The other weekend I went to Garmisch.  Garmisch is an international army base.  One of my girl's mom lives there.  It is probably the most beautiful place I have been since I have arrived in Germany.  It had just snowed and has one of the largest peaks in all of Europe.  We went the the Cinderella Castle!!! It made me think of Disneyland.  It is always refreshing to stay in a home; we also were able to purchase American food on the base!! I was too overwhelmed that all I bought was floss and some triscuits...big spender, I know.  I had great ambitions, but I wussed out.  

No comments:

Blog Archive