Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Monday, March 8, 2010

ToO mUcH tO tElL...

I have so much to say, but don't even know where to begin. I will just talk about our dorm's annual Famous Couples night. All the girls pick a famous couple and their friend picks the top three male counterparts. Then we, RAs, call the boys. Tonight was our night. The girls were in amazing outfits and so were the boys. We had Yoko Ono and John Lennon, Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, Dory and Nemo, a Bee and a Beehive, Nacho Libre and Encarnacion...just to name a few. The students ate dinner, played Bingo, ate dessert and then they prepared introductions of their couple. Last year I felt like the room had a giant elephant in it, but this year it was just so easy. It was just not as awkward as last year.

One thing I did learn was how vital it is to have God at the center of everything, even little dorm events. He reminded me how much I had taken into my hands and didn't let Him in at all. It is so important to include Him in our planning and tasks because He is apart of our lives. Relying on my human efforts I made a few errors this evening, but He overcame my single-mindedness and allowed the evening to be a success. HE IS SO GOOD!!

No comments:

Blog Archive