Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Thursday, September 3, 2009

FuNnY hApPeNiNgS

First, yesterday I had to take one of my girls to the hospital because she was having knee pain.  She already has had two knee surgeries and is planning on having one in two weeks.  But the pain in her knee was so bad she could not walk so the nurses at our school wanted us to get an MRI.  The nurses told me they made an appointment at the hospital since her normal doctor is on holiday and to just wait in the ER.  So we went and told the ER secretary that we needed to see this particular doctor.  She understood and told us to wait.  We finally we were received by a doctor and he basically told us he could not do anything except prescribe some pain relievers.  Then he proceeded to tell us that if we continued to have problems we must go see this other doctor in orthopedics.  At this announcement my eyes grew wide because that was the doctor I thought we were talking to.  As soon as we exited the room we went on a hunt for this mystery doctor.  We finally found him on the third floor of the hospital.  Lucky for us none of his nurses spoke English and did not understand us.  Finally they brought in the doctor and he told us he could not do anything.  He did not want to give her an MRI nor did he want to be another doctor on her list of doctors since she already intended to have a surgery soon.  We left laughing .  I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone.  O the story is not over yet, then I went to pick up her prescriptions.  One of them they did not have because it was only at a particular apotheke (drugstore) about 30 minutes away.  And then the other was ibuprofen (I mean really...we have those on tap in our dorm...ridiculous).

Okay, then this one just made me laugh.  This morning the bus was waiting on two of our girls so I went to go get them girls.  While I was on the way to her room the other girl had come down.  She asked me in passing where everyone was.  I said they were waiting on the bus.  When I got to the other girl's room she exited immediately and the girl that I had passed immediately entered.  She turned around and just looked at me with this complete puppy dog face.  You know the one of complete peace, trust, and joy.  I looked at her confused and asked her what she was doing.  She looked at me and responded, "Aren't we all meeting up here?" I started laughing really hard and said everyone was on the bus.  She started to laugh and run downstairs toward the bus.  I guess it does not sound as funny, but I just had to share this moment.

No comments:

Blog Archive