Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WiThOuT kIdS

The girls are gone and  I am now residing in town at my friend's apartment.  It is nice to be in a home rather than a massive empty dorm.  But while I am waiting anxiously I am fighting a cold and doing back-breaking maintenance, which I can't complain, I do enjoy the physical labor.  All in all, I am really excited to come home...I think that is my motivation.  Actually that is not true.  While I was working today I was thinking about the intense labor we were performing and I thought why am I doing this?  I started sighting the Bible, "Do your work for the Lord rather than for men" was the verse that immediately struck me.  I started directing my work and ethic towards that verse so that it would not be about just getting a job done, because I was told to but rather because I would be doing work that glorifies God!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Care Bear . . .
How awesome to think you are putting one of our childhood memory verses to practical use; rather, God is using it to direct your thinking to the right focus!!

You're precious!!! Can hardly wait to see you.

xo,
Mom

Blog Archive