Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Too Soon for Goodbyes...

This morning I had to take one of my girls to the airport. She headed to Russia to join her family. She came to BFA thinking she would have to leave Russia every three months because that is the only visa her family could get. But after she was here for a month they were able to receive a year long visa so she decided to go home. For me it was bitter sweet. She had added such a diminsion to the school and to the dorm. Everyone felt comfortable around her and she just accepted everyone for who they were. There will be a large void for a long while...
This morning was just hard realizing that these goodbyes are going to cut deep. That I may never see these girls again but I must invest in their lives and teach them who the Lord desires them to be. As we all said our tearful goodbyes, looking into Anna's eyes as she walked through security I knew that she meant the world to me, that each relationship that I make here is going to hurt, and every goodbye is going to keep cutting deeper and deeper into my heart. But I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Blog Archive