Walk By Faith

Walk By Faith

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Right now, I am wondering if girls are being sincere with me in the dorm. I feel like sometimes they will put on a front when I am around. And as soon as I turn my back they are saying all these other things. I actually heard of a case with one of my girls. I love sincerity. I would rather have someone be blatantly honest with me about their frustrations and discuss it with them and try to help the situation out, rather than never know what is really going on and never attempting to help them. It is hard to hear other staff ask me about problems they have heard and I do not have a response because I am unaware of what is going on.

Here is something to be praying about. We have several girls that are homesick. There is even one of our girls from last year, who dealt with extreme homesickness and is facing the same feelings again. But I came to realize, for her at least, it is not just being away, but culture shock. She is European and grown up in Switzerland her whole life. She is not used to the noisey, American mentality. She has not fully adjusted to the culture at BFA that supercedes our surrounding German neighbors. For her it is completely placing her out of her element. I had never understood those feelings until Saturday. Please pray for understanding and comfort. I feel utturly helpless in knowing how to help them deal with these feelings.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi Cara! I pray that the "peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart
and your mind in Christ Jesus."

Love and blessings, Aunt Peg

Anonymous said...

I will pray that God will reveal truths to you with the girls and that you will depend on Him to do so.

Also, I will pray that your mind and spirit will not be weighed down by things you IMAGINE are being thought or said. I pray that "the belt of truth will be buckled around your waist" and that you will "take up the shield of faith with which you can use to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one."

Press on toward the goal . . .
xoxo,
mom

Blog Archive